NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Patient Transport
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR EVE - Most of shift btwn 3P-11P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Coordinator. Transports patients, as well as assists with direct patient care and procedures that have been ordered by a physician. Ensures that transport equipment is maintained properly.
1. Transports patients by stretcher, bed, wheelchair, or walking. Provides care for patients during transport and in the department.
2. Reports changes in the patient to others for follow up.
3. Cares for patients by assisting them to restrooms, providing bedpans, blankets, etc.
4. Assists patients by lifting and transferring from bed to stretcher, bed to wheelchair, etc.
5. Removes soiled linen and replenishes clean linen.
6. Attends holding area as requested.
7. Assists patients and family members by responding to inquiries and providing information based on departmental and organizational policy.
8. Ensures that transport equipment is maintained properly.
9. Performs related duties such as reporting equipment malfunctions, assisting others, cleans work area and transportation equipment, etc.
* General Education Degree
Experience: Experience preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.