NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Orthopedic Hospital
Department: CF - Central Sterile Processing
Full Time Equivalent: full-time
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR EVE - Most shifts between 3PM-11PM
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
The Central Sterile Assistant is the entry-level position for inexperienced personnel within the Central Sterile Processing Department. This position requires minimal to continuous supervision dependent upon skill level. The assistant works under the supervision of the Central Sterile Processing Coordinator.
1. Decontaminate and clean, surgical and CPD procedural instrument trays along with other house instrumentation.
2. Package and identify prepared items for sterilization.
3. Performs departmental cleaning assignments as scheduled.
4. Performs the operation of the automated instrument washer disinfectors, glide systems, ultrasonic machine and cart washer.
5. Performs the operation of the steam sterilizers, ETO sterilizers, Sterrad NX and Sterrad sterilizers.
6. Performs all test, if needed, for all steam sterilizers, Bowie Dick and Biologicals. This includes the OR steam sterilizers.
7. Logs all test accordingly, records load contents associated wit operation of all CSP/OR sterilizers.
8. Conducts periodic departmental in-services.
9. Assembles (“pulls”) case cart and supplies for surgical procedures using Surgeon Preference cards assuring completeness and notification of shortages.
General Education Degree
Experience: None. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!