NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Home Care
Department: HC - Skilled Nursing
Full Time Equivalent: Fulltime
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
The registered nurse assists the case manager with developing and following the plan of care. Responsible for providing direct patient care and working collaboratively with members of the health care team to meet positive patient outcomes.
- Organizes and participates in direct client care.
- Completes a physical assessment and administers medication and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
- Assesses patient needs through the collection and interpretation of health care assessment data.
- Obtains, clarifies, documents and reports physician orders as appropriate.
- Provides patient and caregiver teaching as appropriate per the plan of care.
- Communicates with the physician regarding the patient’s needs and reports any changes in the patient’s condition.
- Communicates information effectively to appropriate members of the multi-discipline health care team.
- Documents all patient related care and information in accordance with regulatory agency guidelines, health care law, accreditation standards and NHRMC Home Care policy in a timely manner.
- Identifies discharge planning needs and implements prior to discharge.
- Conducts admission and recert visits including plan of care, summaries and OASIS requirements as assigned.
- Instructs, supervises and evaluates home health aide care provided in a timely manner.
- Serves as team leader/on-call nurse as required on weekends and holidays.
* Registered Nurse
* Drivers License Class C
* Associate Degree
Experience: Minimum of 1 year of acute care, home health or related experience.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.