NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Case Management
Full Time Equivalent: Fulltime
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the direction of the Manager for Case Management to provide support for discharge process. Performs follow up tasks identified by the discharge planners during the initial and ongoing phases of discharge planning for management of patients across the continuum.
- Completes tasks related to transfer of patients to extended care facility including communicating with extended care facility related to bed availability, faxing of initial referral information, assuring transfer documentation completion, arranging transportation, confirmation of arrangements. communication with families of transfer arrangements.
- Uses electronic and web based communication systems to communicate with outside agencies to facilitate transition planning.
- Provides and educates families with “Medicare 2nd Notice” letters as directed by Case Managers.
- Notarizes advanced care planning documents upon request.
- Provides list of facilities upon request to families/patients.
- Acts as liaison to Medical Records for the obtaining of records to facilitate patient transitional planning.
- Upon request of the discharge planner, mass faxes patient information to area facilities for bed offer.
- Secures requested information for the healthcare team, patient/family.
- Supports the Case Manager in tasks related to discharge to home/community including arranging transportation, confirming community arrangements, providing requested information via phone or fax.
- Assists with special programs including data collection for process improvement projects.
- Completes a variety of department specific tasks to assist with optimal department safety and functioning.
- Appropriately communicates information in accordance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Organizes and performs work effectively and efficiently.
- Maintains and adjust schedule to enhance team performance.
- Demonstrates positive interpersonal relations in dealing with all members of the team.
- Communicates via electronic discharge system to obtain Medicaid authorization for patients discharging to SNFs.
* High School Diploma
Education: Graduate of two-year degree program or 2 years work experience commensurate with job
Experience: Two years of related work in healthcare environment is required, 4 years preferred. Must have sound knowledge of medical terminology.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!