Works under the supervision of the Dietary Coordinator and is responsible for the preparation and production of Menu items for patients, residents, cafeteria and catering functions.
1. Review patient and resident menu and census to ensure that all menu selections for the current day are available for preparation and production in sufficient amounts and prepare a variety of foods, in various styles, while also maintaining the flavor, texture, and appearance of the products prepared. 2. Maintain the Cooking work areas in a neat and orderly manner. Ensures that all food preparation utensils are cleaned, sanitized, and stored properly insuring compliance with state and county health regulations and DNV standards. 3. Ensures the proper temperature for cooking and holding foods and the proper safety and sanitation guidelines when handling and preparing food items. 4. Serves menu items using portion control. 5. Properly stores, labels, and dates all leftover food products. 6. Compile inventory of items in food storage areas, and gives to food service coordinator or Department Manager prior to weekly order. 7. Delivers patient meal trays and food items to floors and units in a timely manner. 8. Records all refrigerators and dish machine temperature reporting any temperature discrepancy to proper person. 9. Fills the bulk nourishment and evening nourishment (H.S. snack) requests and deliver to units at prescribed times. 10. Performs dish washing tasks, cleans and sanitizes dish washing area put all dishes, trays, utensils, in proper areas for next meal service. 11. Cleans the dish machine and ensures that work area is clean, sanitized and at all items are stored in proper areas. 12. Demonstrates standards of performance (Ownership, Teamwork, Communication, and Compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence. 13. Performs any other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma
1. Education: High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
2. Licensure/Certificate: None Required
3. Experience: One-year experience in institutional or restaurant cooking preferred.
4. Other (hours of work): Hours vary depending on departmental needs.
5. Population served: 0 Neonates 0 Infants 0 Pediatrics 0 Adolescents (12 – 17 years) 0 Adults ( 18 – 71 years) 0Geriatrics ( 72 + years)