NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: Jack Barto Center for Fitness
Department: Fitness Center
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: MIXED HRS - Varied length shfts-Day-Eve-Nt
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
The Certified Personal Trainer II is responsible for developing safe, effective 1-on-1 and small group personal training sessions to Employee Fitness Center (EFC) members only. The Certified Personal Trainer II will also instruct group exercise programs, present educational seminars and perform member physical fitness assessments on a voluntary basis to introduce themselves as Certified Personal Trainers to EFC membership. The Certified Personal Trainer II will support the mission, vision and values of the EFC and NHRMC and will assist the EFC Manager in monitoring and maintaining the facility with order, safety and cleanliness. The Certified Personal Trainer II will be responsible for recording all personal training sessions in the POS system and maintaining high levels of member satisfaction.
1. Provides 1-on-1 or small group training at a separate rate established by NHRMC and EFC leadership exclusively for NHRMC Employee Fitness Center members.
2. Volunteers to teach group classes and / or educational seminars to identify client members for personal training and as part of NHRMC’s Employee Fitness Center overall program. Complies with the Primary Job Duties within the EFC Group Fitness Instructor job description while delivering classes.
3. Perform Physical Fitness assessments conducted under ACSM guidelines.
4. Creates and delivers a personalized exercise prescription that reflects the identified needs and goals of the EFC member.
5. Develops safe and effective programs eliminating all high-risk exercises in accordance with industry standards.
6. Instructs and coaches proper exercise technique in accordance with industry standards. Constantly monitors proper form, execution and safety of member(s) during training sessions and makes corrections as appropriate.
7. Advises and consults with the Employee Fitness Center Manager regarding any member(s) with complicated or rare medical conditions which may require special considerations or training.
8. Arrives in a timely manner and is prepared for each training session, class, and/or presentation.
9. Returns all equipment to storage after training sessions and ensures equipment and areas are ready for use, including light cleaning as necessary. Checks equipment to ensure it is in good repair and safe to operate.
10. Documents and reports occurrences and incidences to EFC Manager in accordance with EFC policies and procedures.
11. Provides leadership while training, educating, monitoring and encouraging participants.
12. Actively participates in monthly Employee Fitness Center staff meetings.
* Certified Personal Trainer
* Bachelors Degree
1. Education: Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science or other Health related field required.
2. Licensure / Certifications: Must have successfully completed Personal Training certification from ACSM, NSCA, ISSA, ACE, AFAA or NASM. Group Fitness Certification from reputable organizations, such as AFAA, Stott Pilates, or Yogafit, is preferred. CPR and First Aid certification preferred.
3. Experience: At least 2 years of Personal Training experience. Proven ability to assess, program and instruct one-on-one or small group training sessions. Adept at developing, implementing and instructing group fitness classes. Knowledge of industry standards and safety practices in personal or group exercise settings.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!