NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job - #EntryLevel
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Auxiliary Department
Full Time Equivalent: part-time
Work Type: 48 to 63 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR ROTATE - Rotating shifts (hours will rotate between 8am-8pm)
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Manager to provide a coordinated patient and visitor information and assistance program.
1. Courteously greets patients, visitors, staff, physicians and others upon their arrival in the department offering assistance and guidance when needed.
2. Communicates verbal information accurately and courteously in accordance with the Medical Center's policies and standards.
3. Organizes and performs work effectively and efficiently.
4. Courteously greets patients, visitors, staff, physicians and others upon their arrival in the department offering assistance and guidance when needed.
5. Demonstrates positive interpersonal relations in dealing with all members of the team.
6. Provides systems support and training as defined within the organization and the department.
7. Responsible for assuring that equipment in the department is maintained by tagging item needing repair (if applicable), notifying the appropriate department for repair, verifying work completed, and following up as needed.
8. Continues personal development to enhance personal growth on an annual basis.
9. Assists with Release of Information
10. Maintain department time and attendance.
11. Maintains and adjusts schedule to enhance team performance.
12. Assist with patient through put, using Epic and Versus to track and adjust changes as needed.
- Education: High School Diploma
- Experience: Reception, front desk or office experience required.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence. Performs other duties as assigned. Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!