NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Rehab Svcs - Acute Care
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Clinical Director/Therapy Manager and Coordinators. Performs direct patient care under the clinical supervision of the Occupational Therapist. Interventions are outcomes focused and consistent with best practice and policies. Actively participates in all aspects of the rehabilitation process as a member of the interdisciplinary team. Supports LEAN activities and adapts to changing environment to meet patient and department needs. Advocates for NHRMC, Rehabilitation Services, patients, and coworkers.
1. Demonstrates professional skill and competence by utilizing all aspects of best practice in the Occupational Therapist Assistant process (implementation, treatment, minor modifications to treatment plan) to manage an effective and safe, patient-centric plan of care that promotes optimal outcomes.
2. Adheres to NHRMC policies/procedures and standards established by CMS, Joint Commission, CARF, licensure, and/or other regulatory agencies.
3. Collects and accurately documents required clinical information, including Functional Independence Measures (FIM) or other standardized outcomes measures.
4. Demonstrates accountability by participating in education, training, LEAN and quality improvement efforts, councils/workgroups, and/or advocacy efforts.
5. Applies sound judgment in managing assignments, problem-solving, delegating, communicating, and triage of patient care and non-patient care duties. Requires minimal to no oversight to complete responsibilities in timely and thorough manner.
6. Serves as a clinical resource for patients, their caregivers, and the interdisciplinary team.
* Cert Occupational Therapy Asst
* Associate Degree
ducation: Graduate of an accredited Occupational Therapist Assistant school.
2. Licensure / Certifications: Licensed to practice as Occupational Therapist Assistant in the state of North Carolina. BLS certification.
3. Experience: None required.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
Keywords: Occupational Therapy Assistant, Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant, Rehabilitation Services, New Hanover Regional Medical Center, Novant Health