NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Orthopedic Hospital
Department: CF - Central Sterile Processing
Full Time Equivalent: full-time
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
The Central Sterile Coordinator is responsible for the decontamination, cleaning, processing and sterilization of surgical instrumentation and reusable sterile linen used for patient care. Assists in the training of new employees and in the supervision of the department. As necessary, required to function independently by scheduling staff to accommodate fluctuations in workloads and schedule break assignments. Responsibility includes ordering all equipment and supplies utilized in the Surgical Services Department.
1. Schedule shift and maintain staffing assignments according to departmental policy.
2. Conduct or supply departmental training and staff development and provide a role model for subordinates.
3. Knowledge of the operation of the automated instrument washer disinfectors, glide systems, ultrasonic machine and cart washer.
4. Work in any areas as needed.
5. Knowledge of the operation of the steam sterilizers, ETO sterilizers, Sterrad NX and Sterrad sterilizers.
6. Knowledge of all tests for all steam sterilizers, Bowie Dick and Biologicals. This includes the OR steam sterilizers.
7. Able to log all test accordingly, record load contents associated with operation of all CSP/OR sterilizers.
8. Track daily in Ansos, Kronos for time and attendance.
9. Contributes to budget development.
10. Order operating supplies, implants, replacement instruments and trays.
11. Send out for loaners and repairs.
12. Maintain count sheet for all trays.
13. Maintain certification.
14. Communicates with surgeons and Resource Nurses to insure their product needs are being met.
15. Assures equitable use of resources and operational cost effectiveness.
Licensed Practical Nurse
Cert Reg Central Sterile Tech
General Education Degree
Experience: 2 years in a Central Service Department or related field (Operating Room Technician, Labor and Delivery Room Assistant, Medical Corpsman etc.) Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!