NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Heart Center
Department: Intensive Cardiac Rehab
Full Time Equivalent: Part-Time
Work Type: 48 to 63 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
The Stress Management Specialist (SMS) is responsible for implementing the Stress Management element
of the Community Wellness department. Monitors the response of each participant to the stress management intervention. Actively participates in the development of the interdisciplinary treatment plan to ensure the quality and clinical effectiveness of the Program, and the safety of each participant. In addition, the SMS implements the stress management portion of future NHRMC employee and community wellness programs as needed.
1. Organizes, supervises, and delivers the stress management element of the 72-hour intervention according to Program guidelines and stress management protocol.
2. Presents the stress management element of the 72-hour Program lecture series according to program guidelines and stress management protocol.
3. Provides support in developing the skills necessary for integrating stress management practices into daily life.
4. Monitors stress management adherence for all participants and provides individualized guidance as needed.
5. Attends and participates in weekly team meetings/case conferences.
6. Participates in the development of the interdisciplinary treatment plan for each participant.
7. Participates in the monitoring, documentation, and communication of the participant’s response to the interdisciplinary treatment plan throughout the Program.
8. Personally models the program by embodying its principles, philosophy and practices.
9. Facilitates a high level of participant satisfaction.
10. Complies with HIPAA privacy and patient confidentiality policies and procedures.
11. Attends and participates in mandatory monthly element specialist calls hosted by the Ornish National Training Center.
12. Provides educational in-service as necessary.
13. Provides support to Ornish Alumni Community as needed.
* Reg Yoga Teacher
* High School Diploma
1. Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
2. Licensure / Certifications: Certified yoga instructor (500 hour certification) with minimum of 3 years teaching experience
Certified yoga instructor (200 hour certification) and minimum 5 years teaching experience.
Certification completed at traditional yoga teacher training program ie. Integral Yoga Institute, Ananda, Sivinanda, Kripalu, American Yoga College or Himalayan Institute Centers, or other school with a yoga focus.
Current certification in BLS or CPR.
Training in breathing techniques, the science and practice of meditation, yoga philosophy, anatomy and physiology, and thorough background in the physical postures of Hatha yoga.
Additional training experience in a retreat or residential format is preferred.
Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) through the National Yoga Alliance strongly preferred.
3. Experience or knowledge of medical terminology, basic anatomy and physiology, cardiovascular disease, working with the elderly or individuals with physical limitations/special needs, and/or the willingness to learn.
Excellent public speaking skills and knowledge of adult education and coaching principles.
Excellent interpersonal communication skills with sensitivity to participant needs.
Desire and willingness to collaborate as a member of a high-functioning transdisciplinary team that supports personal transformation.
4. Three to five years of experience teaching yoga as above.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.Performs other duties as assigned.Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.