NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Orthopedic Hospital
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 12HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-7P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
The Coordinator/Field Operations Captain coordinates daily Field Operations and assures that departmental policies, procedures, and standards of care are met. This position is responsible for the direct supervision of personnel and overall system performance. Regularly performs the patient care duties of a Staff Paramedic.
1. Coordinates daily Field Operations. Promotes service and operational excellence. Encourages team effort and unity when working with other members of NHRMC and external organizations.
2. Provides immediate line of supervision to staff personnel. Assists Battalion Chief with preparation and administration of employee evaluations, disciplinary conferences, and anecdotal notes. Will support staff with opportunities for professional growth and development with necessary coaching and mentoring.
3. Regularly acts in the capacity of a staff Paramedic. Maintains all knowledge, skills, and competencies to perform in this role. (Refer to Paramedic Job Description, NHREMS-Field Operations).
4. May perform moderate or waived point of care testing per CLIA guidelines.
5. Serves as a resource and role model for EMS staff by demonstrating advanced clinical skills and operational knowledge.
6. In collaboration with the Director and Battalion Chiefs, recommends and implements changes to improve efficiency and effectiveness of system performance.
7. Functions as a resource for dissemination of new information and problem resolution.
8. Helps facilitate regularly scheduled staff meetings.
9. Provides Daily Operational Logs and assures proper medical coverage for all shifts. Adjusts the schedule as necessary.
10. Reviews timekeeping and payroll for accuracy for direct reports.
11. Consistently demonstrates professional behavior and performs proactive interventions which support the Mission, Vision, and Values of NHRMC and this department. Responds to patient complaints.
12. Actively participates in the selection, hiring, and orientation of new employees.
13. Assists with the initial and recurrent training for all medical personnel in concert with the Education and Performance Improvement Coordinators.
14. Maintains competency in response plans and posses leadership ability to initiate/participate in multi-agency incident management systems.
15. Actively participates on assigned departmental and hospital committees.
* Drivers License Class C
* Nat'l Registr-EMT-Paramedic
* High School Diploma
1. Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent required. College degree in business or health-related field preferred.
2. Licensure / Certifications: North Carolina Paramedic certification (or eligible for reciprocity). BCLS ACLS, PALS and either PHTLS or ITLS (instructor level preferred). Current and valid driver's license and must the meet requirements of the Medical Center’s Insurance carrier. Must meet general hospital driving requirements. EVO is required to drive during emergency situations. NIMS 100, 200, 300, 400, 700, and 800 required within 1 year of hire.
3. Experience: Minimum 5 years experience in emergency medical services. Previous management/supervisory experience preferred.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
Keywords: Paramedic, EMS, Emergency Medical Services, ACLS, PALS, PHTLS, Coordinator, Captain, Field Operations, New Hanover Regional Medical Center, Novant Health