Coord Environmental Services
2131 South 17Th Street
Job ID: 10630
Date Posted: Sep 16, 2022
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Environmental Services
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: MIXED HRS - Varied length shfts-Day-Eve-Nt
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Manager. Works with hospital and Environmental Services staff in his/her assigned area following established policies and procedures to coordinate and ensure proper completion of all Environmental Services functions in order to maintain a high quality of appearance and cleanliness for all patients, staff and visitors.
1. Responsible for coordinating all work activities in assigned areas.
2. Makes frequent tours of assigned areas to see that work is being completed, procedures are being followed correctly, and all customer requests are being handled in a timely manner.
3. Maintains own area as well as supervise staff.
4. Remains in area of responsibility during entire 8 hour shift with exceptions noted by Director and/or Manager.
5. Responsible for training and retraining of staff and evaluating competency levels by utilizing the performance appraisal system.
6. Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of all Medical Center policies and Environmental Services policies and procedures and ensures compliance by staff.
7. Monitors performance of assigned staff, documenting and counseling with individuals to make recommendations for disciplinary actions, terminations, or promotions when necessary.
8. Will keep an inventory of equipment used by staff (i.e., carts, pagers, vacuums) to ensure everything is used appropriately and is accounted for.
9. Exhibits behavior in keeping with the mission of the Medical Center and the Environmental Services Department.
10. Will be responsible for Q.A.’s and Patient Surveys. Number of surveys to be done to be determined by the Director and/or Manager.
* General Education Degree
Experience: 2-3 years experience in Environmental Services, healthcare related, and/or general supervision preferred Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.