NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
Key Words: LPN, Licensed Practical Nurse, Pediatrics, Nunnelee Pediatrics Specialty Clinic, Nunnelee, Novant Health
About the Job
Location: Nunnelee Pediatric Specialty Clinic
Department: Nunnelee Peds Specialty Clinic
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: Full Time
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8 Hour shifts
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
The Licensed Practical Nurse provides direct patient care under the supervision of the Professional Registered Nurse based on appropriate nursing standards, policies and procedures. Functions under that ANA Standards of Practice and adheres to the guidelines of the NCBON. The Licensed Practical Nurse participates in assessments/data collection and treatments, as delegated by the RN, based on a defined Plan of Care. The RN provides care based on established standards of care and expectations. See www.ncbon.com & www.nursingworld.org.
1. Competently provides direct patient care under the supervision of the RN based on appropriate nursing standards, policies and procedures per ANA Standards and the NCBON.
2. Provides reinforcement of appropriate and pertinent patient education to the patient/family according to the Plan of Care to facilitate optimal patient function, independence and health.
3. Effectively and appropriately delegates specific patient care duties to non-licensed members of the nursing team to assure optimal patient outcomes.
4. Appropriately communicates information in accordance with hospital policies and procedures.
5. Annually continues personal development to enhance practice and profession.
6. Organizes and performs work effectively and efficiently.
7. Maintains and adjusted schedule to enhance team performance.
8. Demonstrates positive interpersonal relations in dealing with all members of the team.
9. Maintains and promotes customer satisfaction.
10. Ensures that patients are admitted, transferred and discharged in a timely and efficient manner.
11. Performs moderate or waived point of care testing per CLIA guidelines.
* Licensed Practical Nurse
* Associate Degree
Experience: Experience preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.