NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Rehab Svcs-Inpatient Therapy
Full Time Equivalent: Fulltime
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of Manager. Responsible for planning and implementing administrative and operational activities for appropriate therapy discipline and unit/site specific assignments. As a Licensed Rehabilitation Therapist providing direct patient care for patients in the developmental stages of adolescent (13-17 years), adult (18-72 years), and geriatric (72 + years), is responsible for using the therapy process to effectively manage the Plan of Care for each patient based on appropriate rehabilitation standards, policies, and procedures.
1. Provides direct patient care as appropriate to discipline specific caseload:
a. Consistently applies principles of Service and Operational Excellence to promote patient satisfaction, using AIDET, CARE, and key words; acting as role model and coach to coworkers.
b. Performs age-appropriate assessments, interventions, patient/family education, discharge planning, and updates plan of care based on patient response.
c. Completes required documentation consistently within established standards for content and timeliness.
d. Collaborates with physicians and other health team members in developing a plan of care and facilitating patient outcomes.
e. Facilitates physiological, psychosocial, developmental, and spiritual care as appropriate to the individual patient needs.
f. Acts as clinical resource to therapy staff regarding complex patient care issues.
2. Responsible for daily operations, including:
a. Ensures that policies, practices, procedures, and standards are followed in providing care to child, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients with rehabilitation conditions.
b. Monitors attendance and daily performance of assigned employees; coaches and counsels as necessary.
c. Schedules staff and makes adjustments as needed to ensure ability to provide very good service and optimizing efficiency.
d. Assists with monitoring inventory and supplies/minor equipment as appropriate to discipline, site, or program.
e. Assists with monitoring of safety and cleanliness of work area and equipment.
f. Assists with monitoring adherence to department and Medical Center policies and procedures.
3. Works with management team to address job performance for annual appraisals and during disciplinary process.
4. Maintains professional accountability by participating in and/or facilitating inservices, education, competency assessments, committees/councils/ workgroups.
5. Promotes achievement of Financial and Growth pillar goals for expense budget and productivity by providing input; assists with monitoring and adjustments as needed.
6. Promotes achievement of Service pillar goals for patient satisfaction and physician satisfaction, including responding promptly to concerns and complaints.
7. Promotes achievement of People pillar goals for staff satisfaction and turnover reduction by effectively:
a. Rounding on assigned staff on routine basis.
b. Ensuring staff involvement in operational issues through delegation and collaboration.
c. Being responsive to staff input and providing follow-up to concerns.
d. Assisting with candidate interview/selection process.
e. Facilitating orientation of new employees.
f. Demonstrating appreciation and recognition of staff.
8. Promotes achievement of Quality pillar goals by ensuring consistency in safety and outcomes, with monitoring through tracers and other measurement tools as assigned.
* Speech Language Pathologist
or *Physical Therapist
* Bachelor of Science
1. Education: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree as required by discipline.
2. Licensure / Certifications: Appropriate licensure and/or accreditation to meet state and national standards for the discipline related field. PT or SLP license required
3. Experience: Required - three years clinical experience.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
Key Words: Physical Therapy, Speech Language Pathology, NHRMC, Novant Health, New Hanover Regional Medical Center