NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Orthopedic Hospital
Department: CAP Services
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
The CAP RN Case Manager who works under the direction of the Manager to assist clients in managing health issues in the home/community environment. Collaborates with client, family, physician, and care providers to organize, coordinate and monitor the provision of cost-effective, quality health care services in the home to promote the health, safety and well being of the client. Facilitates compliance with regulatory requirements and organizational performance standards with all internal and external customers.
1. Applies strong clinical knowledge base to facilitate a developmentally appropriate client physical health assessment.
2. Develops an appropriate plan of care for the client that meets their health, safety and well being, while staying within the budget requirements of the program.
3. Coordinates ongoing case management activities that support the client in their efforts to remain at home and receive their health care services, and meet the program case management requirements.
4. Collaborates with the CAP team to design and implement actions/interventions for the department/program specific outcomes
5. Demonstrators strong leadership and communication skills that are effective in working with a variety of persons, including the client, family, care providers, co-workers, physicians and community agencies
6. Facilitates utilization management processes in a timely manner to assure cost effective services are provided to each client at the appropriate level of care.
7. Acts as a clinical/educational resource for clients, families and co-workers
8. Organizes and performs work responsibilities effectively and efficiently, and maintains and adjust schedule to enhance client care and team performance.
* Registered Nurse
* Associate Degree
Experience: A minimum of 3 years experience as an RN required. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!