Nurse Aide II - Neuro Critical Care Unit
2131 South 17Th Street
Job ID: 10356
Date Posted: Jan 27, 2023
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Neuro Critical Care Unit
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.900000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 12HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-7P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
The NAII works under the direction of the Nurse Manager and under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse or delegated Licensed Practical Nurse to provide patient care within their scope of practice. The patient care activities are individualized for each patient population.
1. Competently performs a variety of patient care activities to meet the daily personal needs and comfort of the patient. Performs Nurse Aide II skills as approved by the North Carolina Board of Nursing and facility policy. 2. Appropriately communicates information in accordance with hospital policies and procedures. 3. Organizes, prioritizes, and performs work effectively and efficiently. 4. Maintains and adjusts schedule to enhance team performance. 5. Demonstrates a daily commitment to the values of the department. 6. Demonstrates positive interpersonal relations in dealing with all members of the team. 7. Maintains and promotes customer satisfaction. 8. The NA II is also responsible for completing a variety of department specific tasks to assist with optimal department safety and functioning. 9. Performs moderate or waived point of care testing per CLIA guidelines. 10.Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence. 11.Performs other duties as assigned.
* Cert Nursing Asst I
* Cert Nursing Asst II
* General Education Degree
1. Education: High school diploma or equivalent required. 2. Licensure / Certifications: Maintain current status on the Nurse Aide I and Nurse Aide II registry. Attend at least 12 hours of facility approved continuing education classes each calendar year. American Heart Association HS (Heart Saver) required. : Some departments have additional advanced CPR requirements as listed on staff annual education record. 3. Experience: Experience preferred.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!