Unit Clerk - PMH - Emergency Room
This job posting is no longer active.
507 E Freemont St
Job ID: 9514
Date Posted: Aug 18, 2022
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: Pender Memorial Hospital
Department: Emergency Room
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.100000
Work Type: 1 to 31 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: PRN ROTATE - PRN-Rotating shifts
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
The Unit Clerk works under the direction of the Nurse Manager and under the direct supervision of the Professional Registered Nurse or delegated LPN to provide a variety of clerical duties associated with preparing, compiling and maintaining patients’ medical records on a nursing unit. The Unit Clerk also assists physicians, staff, patients and other guests in the department.
- Communicates verbal information accurately and courteously in accordance with PMH’s policies and standards.
- Accurately transcribes and processes provider orders and written information accurately in accordance with PMH’s policies.
- Organizes and performs work effectively and efficiently.
- Facilitates the flow of patients throughout the Hospital by accurately transferring and discharging patients in the appropriate systems in a timely manner.
- Maintains and adjusts schedule to enhance team performance.
- Courteously greets patients, visitors and others upon their arrival in the department offering assistance and guidance when needed.
- Demonstrates positive interpersonal relations in dealing with all members of the team.
- Promotes customer satisfaction through all interactions.
- Continues personal development to enhance personal growth on an annual basis.
* General Education Degree
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Licensure / Certifications: None required.
Experience: Experience preferred. Prefer knowledge/experience in a medical setting with medical terminology.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!