NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Orthopedic Hospital, New Hanover Regional Medical Center and Pender Memorial Hospital
Department: CF - Cardiopulmonary Services, Respiratory Care Neo/Peds and Respiratory Care
Full Time and Part Time as Needed
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 12HR NIGHT - Most of shift btwn 7P-7A
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Manager. As directed by a physician, administers a variety of simple and complex treatments and tests. Collaborates with medical director and multidisciplinary teams to develop and execute individualized treatment plans for program participants. Responsible for the competent delivery of all routine and emergent respiratory care services as described in the Respiratory Care policy and procedure manual. Explains purpose and procedure of treatments, tests and equipment to patients. Records all pertinent information of treatments, including patient response in the patient’s chart.
1. Administers to patients a variety of simple and complex respiratory modalities such as emergency airway procedures, therapeutic gases, medications, etc. as described in the Respiratory Care policy and procedure manual.
2. Consult with medical director, referring physicians and other healthcare professionals to help develop, execute and modify program participants individualized treatment plans.
3. Records response to individualized treatment plans and test results on patient’s charts when performed.
4. Cleaning and disinfection of respiratory equipment and accessories.
5. Performs related duties such as assisting physicians with special procedures.
6. Provides direct patient care to all patients adolescent to geriatric, including evaluation and treatment.
7. May perform moderate or waived point of care testing per CLIA guidelines.
8. Helps guide and develop new initiatives, policies, equipment trials or education sessions.
9. Must be ACLS certified and able to respond to code blue.
10. Will precept and orientate new employees and students.
11. Must be able to understand basic exercise principles and physiological responses to exercise in pulmonary patients.
12. Educate other members of the health care team i.e.; Physicians, RN’s etc. Conduct in-services as assigned.
13. Participate in appropriate continuing education.
* Lic Resp Care Practitioner
* Reg Respiratory Therapist
* Associate Degree
Experience: 2 years preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.