Location: Hanover Gastroenterology
Department: Hanover Gastroenterology
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: ENTERSCHED - Please Select Schedule!
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
Works in collaboration with the providers to assess, plan, provide exemplary patient care and implement a plan of care. Orders, interprets and records results of clinical tests and reports results to physicians.
Responsibility I: NHRMC Standards of Performance
• Ownership – responsible for all outcomes of efforts and actions
• Teamwork – demonstrates a willingness to assist co-workers and to accept additional assignments as requested to support the department efficiently
• Communication – acknowledge patients and co-workers, listen attentively while maintaining eye contact and speaking to them directly and respectfully
• Compassion – Be an advocate for patients, families and teammates. Show them you care and always follow up.
Responsibility II: Patient Care
• Assumes overall responsibility for patient flow within the office setting
• Obtains all outside medical records and tests results from referring physician
• Review patient schedule with physician and plan for clinical day
• Clean treatment rooms and ensure that proper supplies are stocked and available
• Escort patient to treatment room and perform basic routine testing
• Inform patients of results of testing and ongoing treatment plan after review with physician
• Answer / triage all clinical issues as deemed appropriate by the physician
• Ensures that patients have follow up testing and appointment with physician
• Develops a working relationship with referring physicians
Responsibility III: Clinical
• Recording patient interview, history and chief complaint
• Ability to obtain an accurate set of vitals
• Ability to perform routine EKG and document accordingly
• Strong working knowledge of current medications, dosing information and prescribing requirements
• Prepares and administers medications, vaccines and treatments with knowledge of purpose and adverse effects of nursing care provided
• Ability to comfortably administer respiratory therapies; i.e.. nebulizer treatments
• Change dressings, applying bandages, removing sutures and other first aid procedures.
• Phlebotomy and collection of specimens
• Providing patient education with regards to office policies, medications, management of diseased, home treatments and special diets
• Assisting the physician with exams and minor office surgery
• Maintaining supplies, equipment, stocking and sterilizing instruments
• Recording accurate refrigerator temperature logs daily, as well as spore testing on Autoclave’s
• Disposing of biohazard waste according to OSHA standards
• Performing accurate, legal, and ethical documentation at all times
• Maintains compliancy within regulatory agencies such as HIPAA, OSHA, DNV and CLIA if applicable
Responsibility IV: Accountability of Patient Care
• Ensures that patients have all information and questions answered about their health and treatments received, to include future treatment plans
• Completes all documentation for observation, planning and evaluation of care provided to patients
• Assumes responsibility for tracking patient through radiology, laboratory and all other referrals
• Assists physician with History and Physical
• Logs and tracks outbound patient referrals to be reported to Manager
• Works with pharmacies and insurance companies on prior authorizations as needed
• Responsible for inventory of all sample medications, perform monthly inventory on expired medications, reports and disposes of accordingly
Responsibility V: General Practice Duties
• Must maintain a current state license, including CPR
• Must have physical exam and annual TB skin testing
• Provide telephone coverage / daily patient call backs
• Assist front office staff with filing and other clerical needs
• PHI – refrain from discussing Patient Health Information in public in accordance with HIPAA guidelines and policies
• Ability and flexibility to cover various medical offices when needed
• Adheres to departmental dress codes as observed by director and wears picture identification badge, 100% of the time
• Maintains continuing education requirements as required.
* Licensed Practical Nurse
* Associate Degree
Experience: Experience preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.