NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC PG Administration
Department: CHA Admin Business Support Svc
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
The Registration/Billing Coordinator is responsible for accurate and complete registration of patient demographic information and verification of all insurance’s. The Registration/Billing Coordinator must have a working knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT coding. The Registration/Billing Coordinator is also responsible for the accurate keying of charges. In addition this position is responsible for working the denial report which includes working with 3rd party payers to resolve the denials.
1. Accurate and complete registration of patient demographic information
2. Verifies, corrects and updates all insurance information on accounts provided by the patient or other credible sources
3. Keys all physician charges completely and accurately for billing in a timely manner
4. Works all primary denials assigned by Coding and Billing Manager for unpaid claims less than 120 days. Responsible for follow up of claims until claim reaches 120 days. Performs adjustments, transferring of insurance, and phones calls for adjudication of claims. Report problems or trends to Coding and Billing Manager
5. Performs a wide variety of general administrative responsibilities including, but not limited to:
6. Organizing paperwork and files
7. Composing/Preparing correspondence
8. Performs routine assignments and special projects for practices as assigned
9. Maintains awareness of changes in policies, procedures, and protocol, by reading and utilizing the bulletins and memos posted on insurance websites or accreditation sites and by attending RCS staff meetings
10. Complies with SEAHEC/RCS confidentiality statements
11. Orders and maintains supplies for office as needed
12. Creates and maintains a safe environment for patients, self, coworkers and facility:
13. Safeguards patient privacy rights by judiciously protecting confidential information
14. Demonstrates safe and proper use of equipment
15. Good grammar, punctuation and spelling skills
16. Ability to access, input and retrieve information from computer
17. Ability to work with minimum supervision and to effectively interact with clients and coworkers
18. Ability to prioritize, problem-solve and exercise independent judgment
19. Ability to maintain confidential information at all times
20. Demonstrates commitment to professional growth and development:
21. Maintains professional competence and associated standards by participating in continuing education, in-services, committee and office staff meetings
22. Assists in the orientation of new personnel
23. Equipment used: computer, fax machine, telephone, copy machine, calculator
* Bachelor of Science
1. Education: High school diploma or GED
2. Licensure / Certifications:
3. Experience: Minimum of two years’ experience in a medical office. Prefer two years’ experience in data
entry, customer service, or collections.
Strong communication and organizational skills.
Working knowledge of CPT-4 and ICD-10.
Basic knowledge of medical practice operations.
Knowledge/expertise/demonstrated proficiency with variety of software packages including, but not limited to
Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Office Suite, IDX, Blue-E, and EPIC.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!