Environmental Svc Asst - PMH
507 E Freemont St
Job ID: 9636
Date Posted: Jul 26, 2022
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: Pender Memorial Hospital
Department: Environmental Services
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the EVS Coordinator. Follows established policies and procedures to coordinate and ensure proper completion of all Environmental Services functions in order to maintain a high quality of appearance and cleanliness for all patients, staff and visitors.
1. Completes all cleaning duties in assigned work area.
2. Delivers and retrieves linen in proper amounts (Par Level).
3. Maintains floors in all assigned areas.
4. Collects and disposes used medical waste or biohazard materials.
5. Keeps work area safe at all times for all customers.
6. Adheres to infection control policies while working/cleaning.
7. Follows isolation protocols for cleaning and sanitizing patient rooms, and other service locations using the 7 step cleaning procedure.
8. Complies with accreditation standards and other regulatory agency guidelines.
* General Education Degree
Experience: Prior experience in housekeeping preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.