Clinical Coordinator RN - CHA - NHMG-Ogden
7420 Market St
Job ID: 9571
Date Posted: Jul 21, 2022
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Medical Group
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
The Clinical Coordinator works under the direct supervision of the Practice leadership and coordinates the daily activities for clinical staff and/or clinic operations in assigned areas. Supervises clinical staff members according to department policies & procedures and standards of care. Demonstrates expertise in the delivery of patient care in all clinical areas. Acts as a leader and functions as a liaison to other departments within the Network and agencies within our service area. Engages in ongoing communication with other supervisors, departmental leaders and staff to assure that departmental goals are met.
1. Actively participates in departmental decision making and performance improvement initiatives to improve care, processes and outcomes.
2. Uses critical thinking and problem solving skills to provide services to patients and their families.
3. Coordinates human resource activities including departmental time/attendance; participates in recruitment/orientation/evaluation/discipline/remediation/competency validation of the clinical staff and generates the staff scheduled.
4. Develops policies and procedures relevant to the delivery of patient care in the clinics.
5. Serves as the departmental contact person for issues related to patient care.
6. Maintains ongoing expertise and proficiency in the delivery of clinical care in all assigned areas.
7. Facilitates maximum efficiency and effectiveness in the delivery of quality care through review of test results and implementation of appropriate quality control and preventive maintenance procedures and performance improvement monitors. Includes observation of other staff to determine competency in performance of specific tasks.
8. May perform moderate or waived point of care testing per CLIA guidelines.
9. Organizes and performs work effectively and efficiently.
10. Demonstrates accountability for ongoing learning & completion of required annual education/ competencies.
11. Accurately documents relevant patient care information in the medical record within the prescribed timeframe.
12. Maintains and adjusts schedule to enhance team performance.
13. Performs other duties as assigned to meet the needs/goals of the department and the medical center.
* Registered Nurse
* Associate Degree
Experience: 3 years in clinical setting required. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!