NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Orthopedic Hospital
Department: OH Surgical Waiting Room
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: MIXED HRS - Varied length shfts-Day-Eve-Nt
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
The Patient Liaison works under the direction of the Director. Functions as a liaison for patients/families, physicians, Surgical Services staff/ management, Volunteers, Pastoral Care and Risk Management.
1. Proactively provides information about the status of the operative procedure to patient’s family/significant other.
2. Intervenes, problem solves, responds as appropriate to reduce issues/concerns regarding quality of care and/or customer services.
3. Establishes and maintains positive rapport with patients/families/guests and staff to promote interpersonal relations and teamwork consistent with the Medical Center’s mission.
4. Compiles and records accurate, reliable data in regards to patient/family concerns/ Risk Management issues.
5. Notifies appropriate organizational departments/staff of concerns or Risk Management issues.
6. Identifies quality issues and educational needs to the Orthopedic Hospital leadership staff.
7. Assist patients and families with the appropriate level of skill given the patient’s specific age and diagnosis.
8. Facilitates and provides physiological, psychosocial, developmental, and spiritual care for the patient/family.
9. Participates in performance improvement initiatives.
* High School Diploma
* Bachelors Degree
Experience: None. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!