Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Au Bon Pain
Full Time Equivalent: full-time
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR ROTATE - Rotating shifts
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
Works under the supervision of the Nutrition Services Coordinator for services to include setup, ordering and stocking of supplies, processing of requisitions, equipment and overall area cleanliness. Responsible for all facets of coffee shop service to include: preparation and setup of work stations; efficient service to customers; maintenance of work stations during hours of operation; stocking of serving ware, beverage areas and dining areas; cash handling and product accountability. Performs daily cleaning of coffee shop area, equipment and furnishings insuring compliance with state and county health regulations and accrediting standard.
1. Demonstrates a daily commitment to meeting or exceeding the established Standards of Performance.
2. Accounts and maintains orderliness and cleanliness of cafeteria equipment, supplies and storage areas as well as orders and restocks.
3. Maintains a good working relationship with cafeteria customers and accommodates service requests.
4. Assume some cooking responsibilities at the grill, deli/pizza area and innovations station when necessary.
5. Sets up and replenishes food and supplies for cafeteria meal service.
6. Cleans cafeteria equipment, furnishings, and spaces to maintain sanitation standards.
7. Serves/attends to customers courteously and without delay and is immediately available.
8. Operates cash register according to departmental cash procedures, ensuring that all food items are accounted for, rung-up, and cash is collected or items are accurately charged for.
9. Requisitions food and supplies maintaining appropriate stock levels of designated item such as napkins, cups, plastic wares, beverage items, and condiments.
10. Serves menu items using portion control.
11. Properly stores, labels, and dates all food products.
12. Posts menu board items and prices prior to meal service times.
13. Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of designated areas such as register stands, beverage, and condiment areas, dining areas, service line areas, and keeping area free of debris.
14. Handles cash and related duties according to departmental policies and procedures.