Referral Tracking Coord-CHA - Coastal Pulmonary Medicine
1090 Medical Center Dr
Job ID: 9359
Date Posted: Jul 11, 2022
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: Coastal Pulmonary Medicine
Department: Coastal Pulmonary Medicine
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Under the general direction of the Corporate Clinical Supervisor, and in her absence, the Business Officer Supervisor, verifies that patients of NHRMCPG have received tests and/or care as ordered by their provider for services outside of NHRMCPG.
1. Confirms that requested services have been received by NHRMCPG patient through utilization of electronic medical record or confirmation with specialists and/or special testing. 2. Requests confirmation of service by obtaining a copy of report or consultation report. 3. Ensures that any reports are forwarded to Medical Records. 4. Follows up with patient when requested services have not been completed, ensuring that patient reschedules the appointment and/or special testing. 5. Notifies provider when patient declines services. 6. Provides patients and specialist/s special testing with courteous and prompt service with a helpful attitude. 7. Forward any patient complaints or concerns to Corporate Clinical Supervisor or Business Office Supervisor.
* High School Diploma
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Licensure / Certifications: None
Experience: One year of patient service experience in a health care organization. Knowledge of computer keyboard and the operation of a computer and related printers.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence. Performs other duties as assigned. Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!