NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Plant Ops - Engineering Svcs
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR ROTATE - Rotating shifts
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Manager of Maintenance Services. Receives instruction from Manager of Maintenance Services or Lead Engineer. Has shift responsibility on nights and weekends, which include monitoring and quality checks on all plant utility equipment. Performs scheduled work request and PM’s on all shifts. Acts as the Facilities Services department liaison for all staff and contracted services during off shift hours and makes determination when duty engineer or other personnel should be called. Receives assistance from, and gives assistance to maintenance personnel when necessary.
1. Ensures all necessary task/assignments are performed on his or her shift. This includes plant rounds as well as scheduled PM’s and repairs on plant and utility equipment. Acts as a contact point for utility related contracted services. Functions as part of an engineering maintenance team or works independently. Coordinates assistance from and gives assistance to maintenance personnel when necessary.
2. Schedules work orders according to priority and customer convenience schedules. Obtains and prepares materials in the most expeditious and cost effective manner possible.
3. Responds to utility failures in accordance with policy, taking, if necessary, prudent action to safeguard the life and safety of patients, visitors and other staff members.
4. Responsible for assuring all required documentation and paper work is completed and submitted in mandated time. Complies with all required educational and mandatory clinical programs.
5. In the absence of Director, Manager, or Chief Engineer acts as engineering representative in dealing with administrative and clinical personnel.
6. Communicates pertinent information in a professional manner to customers and co-workers providing seamless follow-up in reference to work request issues.
7. Reads, understands and complies with facility departmental policies and procedures including infection control, hazardous materials, asbestos locations and all applicable job related safety regulations. Monitors activities by contracted services to insure safety and utility integrity are maintained as not to pose any compromise to the staff and customers of NHRMC.
8. Follow all pertinent codes and regulations and assuring all work is done to a level of quality that maintains the integrity of equipment’s design and performance specifications.
* High School Diploma
1. Education: High school diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree in a technical field or graduation from a trades related school preferred.
2. Licensure: None
3. Experience: Five years experience in Plant Operations or seven years experience in a related mechanical field. Three years experience in Plant Operations or five years in a related mechanical field is sufficient if the applicant has completed comprehensive formal training in related technical field.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!