Ryan White Program Manager
2131 South 17Th Street
Job ID: 9207
Date Posted: Jun 30, 2022
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: NHRMC Grants
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
Responsible for all aspects of the Ryan White Program, assuring that access to care and services for patients living with HIV is maintained. Secures the current HRSA Ryan White Grant funding amounts and seeks additional funding on an ongoing basis. Maintains knowledge required to successfully plan for, and comply with grant requirements, including the appropriate use of funds and meeting required outcome measures. This position currently manages 3 grant budgets for slightly over 1 million dollars a year for a patient population exceed 800 patients. Recognized at the local and state level as the content expert for Ryan White funding and HIV care. Participates as a member of the divisional leadership team to assure consistency in the delivery of patient care. Engages in ongoing communication with other supervisors, departmental leaders and staff to assure that departmental goals are met.
1. Demonstrates the standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication and compassion) and uses required service excellence tools to support a positive patient experience.
2. Actively participates in departmental decision making and performance improvement initiatives to improve care, processes and outcomes.
3. Uses critical thinking and problem-solving skills to facilitate care for patients and their families.
4. Writes all grant applications related to the Ryan White Program as well as other funding opportunities.
5. Approves all Program invoices and assures that secured funding is used is accordance with federal/state requirements.
6. Manages multiple budgets associated with various components of grant funding, adjusting and submitting budget revisions to funders and Fiscal Services as necessary.
7. Works with NHRMC fiscal services to provide payment to NHRMC for ambulatory care provided to Program patients.
8. Leads all State and Federal Program fiscal audits and participates in the annual external NHRMC audit.
9. Submits required reports/data to funders within the prescribed time frames.
10. Collaborates with community partners to assure that pass through funding is distributed in accordance with Program requirements.
11. Creates and monitors the Program’s quality plan and assures that outcome measures are achieved.
12. Assures compliance by NHRMC and the HIV Care Team with grant requirements and facilitates site visits from funders and regulatory agencies.
13. Utilizes an internal and external network of contacts to assure that patient needs and grant requirements are met.
14. Represents and Promotes the HIV Care team program at the local, state and national levels.
15. Organizes and performs work effectively and efficiently.
16. Demonstrates accountability for ongoing learning & completion of required annual education/competencies.
17. Maintains and adjusts schedule to enhance team performance.
* Bachelor of Nursing
ESSENTIAL JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
1. Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s Degree in a health care or social service desired.
2. Licensure / Certifications: None.
3. Experience: Successful grant writing and 2 years of program planning and development required.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!